OCI New Rules
Indian Government 31 May 2021 new rules please read. Text of the email received in connection with OCI renewal
This is with reference to appointment booked by you for OCI Services.
2. We are very delighted to inform you that Government of India has recently relaxed renewal of OCI rules. As per current rules:-
a. RENEWAL OF OCI IS NOT REQUIRED FOR MINOR CHILDREN ON CHANGE OF PASSPORT.
b. RENEWAL OF OCI IS NOT REQUIRED AFTER 50 YEARS OF AGE.
c. RENEWAL OF OCI IS NOT REQUIRED IF OCI WAS ISSUED AFTER 20 YEARS OF AGE.
d. RENEWAL OF OCI IS NOT REQUIRED EVERY TIME THERE IS CHANGE OF PASSPORT.
Applicants are only required to upload ONLINE a copy of their current passport and Photo on website www.ociservices.gov.in. No fees need to be paid. No form is required to be filled. No appointment required. This facility to upload photo and passport copy will be available on the website after 31st May, 2021.
You may also refer to https://ociservices.gov.in/MiscNew.pdf for details.
3. WHEN TO RENEW?: Renewal of OCI Card is required only ONCE after getting new passport after completing 20 years of age (Only if OCI was issued before 20 years of age).
4. Government has also relaxed condition to carry old passport linked with the OCI Card. Now all OCI cardholders can travel to/from India carrying their OCI card and current passport only. But kindly upload your latest photograph and passport as mentioned above.
Kindly refer to the notice available on link: https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/docs/1618897004Untitled_19042021_172708.pdf
5. In case, you are applying for renewal of OCI and fall under categories mentioned in para 2 above, then please note that there is no requirement for you to renew the OCI. You may just upload photo and passport online after 31st May, 2021.
6. In case you need any other clarification, please reply back with copy of your current passport and OCI Card at email@example.com
सादर / Regards,
प्र.भा.ना. प्रभाग / OCI Wing
भारत का उच्चायोग/ High Commission of India